Sunday, February 26, 2006

That wasn't a fun day, yesterday. But I guess now I am over it, and have come to terms that there are just some things that I cannot control. I got upset when I looked at the Southwest airlines website just to find out that all the flights we wanted to go on for Las Vegas were being booked up like hotcakes. Well I came to the relization that what ever happens, happens. There is no use in getting upset about it.
LESSONS LEARNED:
1. Know what you are getting involved in before you get involved.
2. Pay attention. (Was told that they decided on a date for this trip at the beginning of the season). I had no idea that it was set in stone for the 21 - 24 of May.
3. Plan this more than 3 months in advance, most web sites allow booking trips 180 days in advance. That will give people plenty of time to change their minds.
4. Make sure the person planning the trip is actually going on the trip. Makes me think that if you are going, your going to care about how much it costs.
5. I understand that paying weekly makes it easy to disipline yourself to pay for your hotel and airfare, but now I wish I would have just put the money in the bank in a seperate account and just had the $13 a week transferred to it. Funny how $13 a week adds up.

No comments: