Saturday, April 23, 2005

TSA/Airlines ban cigarette lighters on airlines

What is the freaking difference? You can't take a lighter but you can take a book of matches. I bet the makers of BIC lighters are loving this. I guess the TSA collects them and then a contractor comes in and hauls them away. I'm sure these contractors will really throw them away, you'll be seeing them for sale at various flea markets and odd lots. Why doesn't the airlines just leave them for people at the other end? You know kind of a leave a lighter take a lighter. Here is what I really want to know, what is it that you can do with a lighter that you can't do with a book of matches???????? These silly things are what is killing this country, start looking at the real threats and stop worrying about lighters, now I believe a person trying to board an airline with 20 lighters might be a problem but come on. I believe we are going to be looking for the small lighters and miss the true threat, I sure hope not.

No comments: