Monday, May 16, 2005

Seat belt use lower in pickups than cars, report says

Who cares??? I have a solution for this, I understand that this is a CHOICE, well if it has been proven that seatbelts save lives, then why don't insurance companies refuse to pay for people hurt in automobile accident's that they can prove didn't use their seat belts? Now granted I understand that this will cause a huge court battle if the insurance companies cannot prove this, but if they have a clause in the policy that states you must use your seat belt and they can prove you weren't wearing your seat belt at the time of an accident then you get nada, nothing, zero, zip. NO COMPENSATION. I wear my seat belt and I think I should have lower insurance rates than someone who doesn't, just like non-smokers have lower insurance rates than someone who does smoke. Anyone who has ever been in a pretty good car accident understands the marks seatbelts leave, that is normally pretty good evidence that the person(s) were wearing their seat belts. You know what wearing a seat belt isn't that hard and I know from personnel knowlege that seat belts save lives. BUCKLE UP!

No comments: